Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

How much does it cost to repair the TCC solenoid malfunction

Customer Question

How much does it cost to repair the TCC solenoid malfunction - my buick regal shows a P1860 OBD-II code. Also the fuel level indicator does not work. Are these two related ? How much does it cost to repair both ?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is David and I will do my best to help you with your Buick problem.

Is your engine supercharged in your Regal?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a GSE 3.8L v6 [231Cl].
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Normally the P1860 code will be caused by a faulty TCC solenoid. This solenoid is located under the side cover of the transmission. This job is fairly labor intensive. Figure around $600 including parts and labor.

The inoperative fuel gauge is not related to this problem and is most likely caused by a failing fuel level sensor in the fuel tank. The cost for this repair is generally around $300 including parts and labor.