Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick Regal: 2001 Buick Regal LS leaks coolant. It drips from

2001 Buick Regal LS leaks coolant. It drips from the transmission on the passenger side, close to the CV joint, but must be comming from above. The two hoses from the engine to the radiator are dry. The two hoses from the engine to the heater core are dry. The coolant container and the hose to the radiator seems to be OK. It leaks only sometimes, not always. Where could it be leaking from?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
is any coolant getting on the belt?if you look down behind the alternator in area of the lower intake do you see coolant there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The belt is dry. The coolant hose to the radiator is dry. However, the engine area around the hose is wet.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
around the upper hose where it connects to the engine?where the thermostat housing is ? just under where the thermostat mating is on the lower intake manifold?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure I got my terminology right. The picture shows the hose connecting to the termostat housing. This is on the driver side of the engine. This are seems to be dry.

The leak is on the passenger side, where the other (lower?) hose is. The hose is dry but the area around it is wet. The belt is dry, too.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
if it is wet in area of where this hose connects to the engine you more than likey have a waterpump leaking or the coolant nipple behind the alternator that is connected to the lower intake manifold.in the second picture you will see the plastic 90 degree elbow coming out of the tensioner that is the elbow that liks to leak also

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience: 15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech