Thank you for using justanswer.com,I look forward to helping you,Doug
Hi there is a bulletin on this problem ,and the dealer should repair for free would you like me to send it to you
Give me a few to send
2008 Buick Truck Enclave AWD V6-3.6L
Vehicle Level Technical Service Bulletins Customer Interest Body - Power Liftgate Diagnosis and Repair
Body - Power Liftgate Diagnosis and Repair
Bulletin No.: 08-08-66-005B
Date: July 21, 2010
Subject: Power Liftgate Diagnosis and Repair Information
Models:2008-2011 Buick Enclave2009-2011 Chevrolet Traverse2007-2011 GMC Acadia2007-2010 Saturn OUTLOOK
Supercede:This bulletin is being revised to add model years. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-66-005A (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).
Power liftgate only opens as a manual gate.
1. I/P switch turned off2. Low battery voltage3. Low outside air temperature (-30ºC (-22ºF))4. Very high outside temperature increases temperature inside vehicle above (80ºC (176ºF))
1. Turn the IP switch on.2. Charge the battery.3. The power liftgate will become inoperative at very cold temperatures, such as those below -29°C (-20°F), and will need to be operated manually. The mechanism should return to normal operation after the temperature range reaches permissible level.4. The power liftgate will become inoperative at very high temperatures, such as those above 80°C (176°F), and will need to be operated manually. The mechanism should return to normal operation after the temperature range reaches permissible level.
Power liftgate opens unintentionally in park. Liftgate opens and closes by itself after the vehicle is shifted into Park.
1. Outside liftgate release switch malfunction.2. Liftgate close switch malfunction.3. Sill plate activating liftgate close switch.4. Vehicle is in Park. Power liftgate opens and closes by itself repeatedly until the customer uses the console button to turn off the power liftgate, or battery runs low.
1. Inspect the liftgate touch pad function. Also check for DTC B2494 failure code 02.2. Inspect the shut face function. Also check for DTC B2494 failure code 02. The touch pad and the shut face run in parallel, so check each switch separately. Replace the close switch if water is present in the switch and make sure the grommet on the wiper arm shaft to the outer panel is seated properly. If the grommet is loose, apply a small amount of weatherstrip adhesive in the grommet's U channel and reinstall the grommet (Buick Only).3. Inspect the sill plate for proper installation/clearance to the touch pad switch and possible bent retainers.
Power liftgate reverses while closing at the start (top) of travel.
1. Strut stanchion (strut dries out while sitting open for long periods)2. Key fob sending a second hit signal (Some key fobs will send a second hit signal upon release of the button, others if you roll your thumb while holding down the button or a combination of the two together). Refer to the Cause and Correction for Condition #8.3. Low battery voltage.
1. Close the gate manually after the gate has remained open for extended periods.2. Inspect the key fob operation.3. Charge the battery.
Power liftgate reverses while closing mid travel.
1. Strut stanchion (strut dries out while sitting open for long periods).2. Key fob sending a double hit signal (Some key fobs will send a second hit signal upon release of the button when held longer than 1 second, others will send a second signal if you roll your thumb while holding down the button or a combination of the two together).3. Someone getting into the vehicle while the gate is closing (If you jump into the vehicle while the liftgate is closing, you can cause a reversal in mid travel).
1. Close the gate manually after the gate has remained open for extended periods. One time should be sufficient.2. Inspect the key fob operation.3. Do not jounce the vehicle while the PLG is in motion. Sit lightly into vehicle while PLG is in operation.
Power liftgate reverses while closing when almost closed.
1. An obstruction behind the 3rd row seat.2. The sill plate is not seated correctly (Not seated fully / bent attachments).
3. The side reveal molding pins are not fully seated, causing the trim to not fully seat (Buick).4. The rubber bumpers on the liftgate in the lower corners may not be fully seated (GMC / Saturn).5. The striker may be out of alignment.6. The striker was moved forward or backward.
7. The liftgate may not be flush to the fascia.
8. The primary seal may not be fully seated.
1. Remove the obstruction.2. Inspect the sill plate for installation and possible bent retainers.3. Push in the side reveal molding retainers.4. Turn the bumpers in fully.5. Align the striker. Perform the Liftgate Calibration Procedure.6. Perform the liftgate calibration procedure.7. Move the striker rearward to flush out gate and relearn. Marking the current location of the liftgate striker, loosen the striker bolts and strike the striker rearward with a mallet to adjust the liftgate striker outboard (to the rear of the vehicle). Only move the striker in 1¤mm increments, performing the Liftgate Calibration Procedure after each adjustment.8. Glue the primary seal down.
Power liftgate closes immediately after fully opening. Usually has a loud clunking noise at top of gate travel just before power closing.
A customer and/or technician may comment that when using the power liftgate, it will open fully, drop a few inches, then power close.
Weak strut(s) (PLG goes into a customer safe mode and power closes gate slowly).
Turn off the power liftgate using the disable switch in the bottom of the center stack. Manually open the liftgate to the full open position using the exterior liftgate pull handle. Verify that the liftgate will remain at or near the full open position for several minutes. If the liftgate will not remain open, replace the liftgate strut(s) that are weak. Though both struts should be inspected for weakness, it is often only the LH strut that requires replacement. It is important to note that the LH and RH assist struts have two different part numbers and each should be installed in its proper location.
Power liftgate reverses while opening.
1. Obstacle observed or someone sending a second signal via the key fob, outside touch pad, I/P button or PLG Close button.2. Key fob sending a double hit signal (Some key fobs will send a second hit signal upon release of the button when held longer than 1 second, others will send a second signal if you roll your thumb while holding down the button or a combination of the two together).3. Touch pad sending a second signal.
1. Remove the obstacle.2. Inspect the key fob operation.3. Inspect the touch pad function.
Some customers may comment that the power liftgate intermittently reverses direction after activation. For example - They may state that when commanded, the rear liftgate opens and after motion occurs in one direction, the liftgate may reverse direction and close.
The cause of this condition may be specific to the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter's button configuration and the press and hold feature. The customer has to press and hold the power liftgate button (approximately 1 second) until the liftgate activation occurs. This extended button press may cause the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) to interpret this as 2 button presses when only 1 is needed.
A new RKE transmitter has been released to correct this condition. Verify that the vehicle build date is before April 1, 2008 before replacing the key fob. Replace and reprogram both RKE transmitters. Refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 07-08-52-002.
1. The power liftgate outside handle does not work all the time.2. The power liftgate outside handle requires extra force (have to squeeze hard) to operate.
Outside liftgate touch pad malfunction.
Inspect the liftgate touch pad function.
Right down the bulletin number and take to dealer, at first they will try to charge you, but be assertive and hold your grounds. Doug
Is there anything else I can do for you, Doug
Hi just checking in to see if the information I sent you helped resolve your vehicle problem, Doug