Amedee
Amedee, Buick Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Buick Park Avenue: 1999 buick park avenue 3800 engine. in summer

Customer Question

1999 buick park avenue 3800 engine. in summer ac blows out of drivers side but hot air our of pass side, even adjusting dual side temp controls. in winter no heat on either side and both heater hoses are hot with engine running.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

If your air conditioning in not working, or working but not up to par, there can be a few different things that can cause this. There can be anything from restrictions in the system to your blend air door vents not working properly. First and foremost is look to see if your compressor is coming on. If all of your freon has leaked out or even if the freon level is a bit low, the computer will not turn on the compressor. This is to prevent damage to the compressor and the components. This is very common! If the compressor is cycling on and off, than the system is just slightly low on freon. This will cause the AC to work, but poorly. Look for moisture around the outside of the AC fittings. This will indicate a leak. If no moisture is detected, you might just be able to get away with recharge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the air conditioning works, but just on one side. the heat does not work at all even though the water lines are hot going into and out of the fire wall.
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
Then the problem is inside the dash. Sometimes a bad ignition switch will cause low voltage to the HVAC unit too.. so be sure to check for that as well.

I hope this helps! Please don't forget hit the green accept button so that I may get credit for the time that I have spent with you. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

I do hope you are as honest with me about your vehicle as I have been with you. If you have any further questions or if you need more assistance, just hit the reply button and we can continue our conversation. Please remember, even if you accept my answer now, you can still reply or respond back to this thread at any time you wish at no further cost to you.

In addition, please allow time between answers as I may be off line spending time with my family or assisting other customers. You can always request me by using the link through my profile page. Just Click on "AMEDEE" next to my picture and I will be sure to respond back in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

AMEDEE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my dsl was down for the past 36 hours as to no reply. you seem to be focusing on the ac as the problem but what i said in my first email was that the ac worked on the driver side but not the passenger. now in the winter there is 0 heat from any vent or windshield even though the heater hoses are hot going in and out of the firewall. i'm needing info on were to look if you think it is in the dash, i have figured out that much. don't focus on the ac i need heat.
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.
As long as the heater core is not plugged up, it will most likely be an issue with the blend air door motor or air door itself causing your issue. You can go to http://www.alldatadiy.com/ and get some information on the dash and how to take it apart if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

AMEDEE