Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

99 buick lesabre: my oil gauge..low car shuts off..right back

i have a 99 buick lesabre an my oil gauge is keep on the low side an sometimes go in the red and my car shuts off. i'm able to start it right back up but dont know y this is happening? do u have any ideas
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Do you ever hear ticking noises in engine? does this happen at all speeds? Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i do hear that noises. an when i'm not moving or giving the car gas it would go to the red at times never when i'm moving
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
If you hear those types of noises then you have a problem causing low oil pressure such as a worn oil pump or worn engine...You can try to change oil, put some heavier oil and put in some lucas engine oil stabalizer...If that doesnt help next step is having engine inspected/replaced. let me know if you have questions, thanks.