JHoop
JHoop, Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

have a 1996 buick century wont start in cold weather

have a 1996 buick century won't start in cold weather
Category: Buick
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Please tell me all of the problem as my answers are based on the information you provide. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have about the same problem.

Did you add a fuel heater such as Heat to the tank before those temps?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes have put heat in it and will turn over just fine and will start when it gets above 30 degrees it just seems like it is not getting any gas don't smell floded
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
I need more detail of the issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't know how i can get more detailed when it warms up it will start just fine and runs very good car only has about 105,000 miles ;on it
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
If the HEET aditive was added to the fuel system to keep it from freezing the fuel pump is bad.. Wait til it gets hot. It will whine and fail tii as when it is cold.. If you can give me any code readings, testing or part replacement info i may have a different opinion.

If you have any more questions or need diagrams or service info, please don't hesisitate to ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT. If you have an unlimited plan you will not be billed again yet I won't get credit unless ACCEPT is pressed.

Your question is always open and you can get back to me at any time by answering any e-mail related to this question or by simply logging on to your JA account and go to your questions. God Bless

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Also remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop