relicdigger3, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, GM Certified Technician.

2007 buick: ignition key is stuck..unlock..doors..trunk

Customer Question

I have a 2007 buick lucerne. The ignition key is stuck in the ignition. My remote device does not function to unlock or lock the doors or trunk. The radio works and the lights also are working fine. The engine will not start when I try to start the engine. Do you think I am having a fuse problem?? Thanks for your response. XXXX XXXXXX
Category: Buick
Expert:  relicdigger3 replied 4 years ago.
First make sure the gear shift lever is securely in the Park position. If the gear shift lever is not in Park the key will not come out of the ignition. It is possible the key stuck in the ignition is slowly draining the battery causing the vehicle not to start and the remotes not to work (The radio and lights will work with low battery power). Try to jump start the vehicle. If the vehicle starts then the key remaining in the ignition is the problem for the no start condition. If the key is still stuck in the ignition after checking the gear shift lever, then the ignition cylinder is possibly faulty and will have to be replaced. Good luck.