Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

2003 Buick Century: Rear wheels..garage..Parking brake pedal sets

Rear wheels are locked up in garage on a 2003 Buick Century. Parking brake pedal sets and releases fine, but rear wheels will not go forward or backward. Is there a way to release the parking brake so I can drive it temporarily?
Did this happen from setting the e-brake? Do you know if this had drum or disk brakes on the rear?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The car belongs to my 80-year old widow lady neighbor. I went over to look at it. Am somewhat of an old shadetree mechanic myself. I think the brake was set when I got in the car, although she says she never uses it. Don't know if it has drums or disks in the back. It has a parking pedal that you push down to set then push down again to release. I have tried applying and releasing it many times to no avail.
About all you can try is getting under the rear of the car and grab the e-brake cables and jerk them back and forth that will usually make the brakes release if the brakes are the problem.