Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

vents..I changed the thermostat and flushed and replaced the coolant

I have a 2007 Lacrosse and the heat does not get very hot. I can have the temp set at 90 and it should cook you out but the temp coming out of the vents are just luke warm. I changed the thermostat and flushed and replaced the coolant with no change in temperature. What do you think?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Buick problem.

kDoes your Buick have dual temperture controls for driver and passenger?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it does.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
Do both sides only provide lukewarm temperature, or is one side supplying heat?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They both seem to be like warm.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
With engine at operating temperature, try to feel the heater hoses that go to the firewall. Both should be hot. If not, the heater core may be restricted. If this is the case then flushing the core with a garden hose will often clear the obstruction.

If the heater hoses are both hot then the temperature actuator doors inside the dash would likely be faulty. You can try disconnecting the battery for at least 30 seconds, then reconnect the battery and start the car. Do not touch any a/c controls for two full minutes to allow the actuators time to recalibrate.

If recalibrating the system has no effect, remove one of the actuators and turn the temperature door shaft by hand. If turning the door by hand allows heat, replace the actuator.

Drivers side temperature actuator can be accessed from under drivers side of dash.

Passenger side actuator can be accessed by removing the glove box