Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Buick Park Avenue: Left turn signal arrow light on dash not

Left turn signal arrow light on dash not flashing. Check all bulbs all fuses in rear and front, under back seat and under glove box, and hood.

the flasher relay clicks opens and closes in either position.

No left side bulbs flash, even with the emergency flasher on.

would the bulb in the dash itself cause the left side not to flash?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Buick problem.

What year is your Buick Park Avenue?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the info. With the hazard lights on, do you have bulbs lighting up on the outside of the car, both left and right? Compare left and right sides and see if there are as many bulbs lighting up on the left side as there are on the right. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All lights are lit on left and right side 2 buls in front both sides 2 bulbs in back fenders and 2 bulbs in trunk lid left and right
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
The indicator bulb in the dash is likely burned out. This is not going to keep the other lights on the left side from flashing. The problem is going to be in the flasher module. Replacing the flasher module will fix your problem. The flasher is located behind the dash, just to the right of the steering column.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
checked the bulb on the cluster panel, bulb tests good in another location on the circuit board also the temp gauge i noticed does not work either, or the car has been running for 30 minutes with no rise in temp
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
May be an open in the printed circuit board then. Your turn signal not flashing is still going to be due to a bad flasher. After replacing the flasher, test for power on the yellow wire going into the cluster with turn signal on. If you show power on this wire and no indicator light then the problem is in the circuit board.