Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

1992 Buick LeSabre: you reset the security system..starter

How do you reset the security system or eliminate the security system on a 1992 Buick LeSabre. It will not start. I can short out the starter it will turn over, but will not start.
I put a new neutral safety switch on the transmission also, the start switch on the column which on older cars used to be called the neutral safety switch on the column.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. You need to install a resistor between white/black wire and purpel/white wire going to lock cylinder...Here is a diagram, you need to try each resistor one at a time to see which one works...Here is a list of different resistances to try.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

To put resistors at the lock cylinder - does that bypass the starter enable relay or does the resistors solve the problem so the car will start.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
It should take care of both issues, thats the only thing that should cause security system to stop vehicle from starting. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.