Neal, Buick Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced in most makes. Many years family business.

1987 buick: stalling..running rough..pulling..a hill, like all

why is my 1987 buick grand national stalling, cutting out, running rough, starving for fuel, after driving 15 to 20 minutes, then pulling a hill, like all of a sudden ?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

The most likely cause is going to be the fuel pump, it is not unusual for them to be intermittant like that and to work better when cold.

It is probably just barely able to supply enough fuel cold and then as it warms up it gets worse.

This question will remain open and I will continue to work with you even after you accept. The question will remain active for 7 days after our last communication.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what about the coil pack, does the same thing, yes ? no?
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

It definately can, it it a little uncommon for them to only do it every time it warms up.

I would start with a fuel pressure test and if that checks out then I would replace the coil.