Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.

1999 Buick Park avenue: pete..We..power steering pump?Thanks,Tom

Pete..We have another question for our 1999 Buick Park Avenue..How do you remove the power steering pump?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

First you will need a special puller and installer to remove and install the power steering pump pulley.You can get one of these special tools from a tool or parts store.

Then you will remove both hoses from the power steering pump and reservoir,usually one is threaded in place and the other may be clamped on.Disconnect any electrical connectors from the pump assembly.

There are two bolts that hold the pump in place one on each opposite side of the pump,remove these bolts that attach it to the engine then slide the pump down and out from under the vehicle.

Installation is the reverse.

Then after install add power steering fluid and with the key on and engine off turn the steering wheel all the way to one side and back to the other back and forth like this taking breaks after a few times each side to refill the fluid.Do this about 30 times to bleed out the air.Then start the engine and do the same and re check the fluid level in between and make sure it is full.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!