Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

buick LeSabre Custom Having troubles with my abs code c1226

Customer Question

Having troubles with my abs code c1226 anybody no a fix for this code ?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

This code will set when a wheel speed signal from a wheel speed sensor on a vehicle differs then the rest by 10 mph or more with a couple fractions of a second or longer.

It sounds like you have found the possible fault with the wiring and repairing the wiring however this wiring is very sensitive and in most cases cannot be repaired without causing to much resistance in the circuit which will cause this code you have now to set.

To be sure on this the vehicle will have to be driven for a short drive with a scan tool plugged into the vehicle to view the wheel speed signals to see if in fact the one that was repaired is the one reading differently even for a fraction of a second.If it is then if it is the bearing/hub assembly wiring side that was repaired the hub would need replaced.

If it is the wiring leading to this wheel bearing/hub/sensor that was affected and repaired then the wiring would need replaced.

I have tried to repair these on my own as well and have had some success but in some cases it causes to much resistance and will cause a code like this to set again.

You can try and repair it by soldering it back together lightly,make sure the wiring isn't twisted where you reconnected the damaged wiring to where you twisted it together as this causes high resistance and also if the two wires leading to this sensor were twisted around each other over and over to the hub assembly make sure you also make these twists in the harness as this also makes the signal correct.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Pete, Buick Technician
Experience: 15 years Buick Technician experience and training.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey pete just got more codes u1300 & c1298 the code c1226 is now gone got ant sugestions on these codes ?

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
If you clear out these codes do they come right back on after restarting the vehicle or driving?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the codes come back after driving the car it seams like when i hit a bump thats when the codes appear on a smooth road they dont ?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
C1298 doesn't show up in the codes list I have for this vehicle>it is a chassis code like the rest but it doesn't show up in the codes list.

U1300 will set when a loss of communication code sets on the data circuit in the vehicle.This could be wiring at fault,a control unit possibly the ABS EBCM computer which is where the wheel speed sensor wiring runs to from the wheel speed sensors or even a scan tool that isn't communicating properly on the data circuit.

With this happening on the vehicle when hitting a bump or rough roads this may be a loose connection at the EBCM or possibly a loose ground or even shorted wiring.

I would check the connection and wiring to the EBCM and see if it is loose,cut or grounded anywhere.