Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

Buick Century Buick Century 2005 I have gas fume smell inside

Buick Century 2005: I have gas fume smell inside and outside the car when running. Mostly when idling. Once on the road for awhile, do not smell it. Do not have gasoline leak, getting good gas mileage. My mechanic could not find problem.
Nettie Rosser
Mt. Morris,MI
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

The most common fuel leak that can cause this problem is the fuel line connection under the hood where the fuel tank lines connect to the fuel injector rail,this may not leak out fuel but can leak out the fumes and a slight amount of fuel on the fuel rail where it connects.This should be checked to see if this is the component at fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!