Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech

Buick Rendezvous 2002 Buick rendezvous, emergency brake light

Customer Question

2002 Buick rendezvous, emergency brake light comes on and it says check gage & alarm sound while driving. stopping and turning the car off and back on may cause it to stay off for 20 miles or in may come back on after only a few seconds. the later is the more common. I have tested the switch on the parking brake and it is working OK. My brakes are not that old. Ever since I have bought the vehicle, I have had the ABS & Anti lock lights on. I have taken it to fix to several places and even to GM and after they chage me an arm & a leg, the light comes rite back on. I don't have a problem driving with my dashboard looking like a xmas tree, but the emergency brake light has a loud sound & it's driving me crazy while driving like that. How can I fix this?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
open your hood and disconnect the electrical connector # XXXXX in this picture.see if that light will go offgraphic
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
how did you make out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing yet. I still see and hear the light. What else should I do?
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
if disconnecting that did not work.that suv needs to go to a shop and have a scan tool plugged into it and see in the BCM (body control module) of what is telling the e-brake indicator to be turned on