Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

94 Buick Lesabre: IAC valve..The idle speed is lower than it was

I just replaced the IAC valve on my 94 Buick Lesabre. Is there a procedure I need to go through to reset the idle speed. The idle speed is lower than it was before the IAC was changed but is still higher than it should be. Also my speedometer and odometer are not working now and they were before.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Disconnect battery for 10 minutes then computer will need to relearn idle speed, that also might take care of speedometer/odeometer problem. Let me know if you have any questions at all. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do I need to drive the car on the road or just let it run in the driveway for the computer to relearn the idle speed.
Let it idle with ac on high for a couple minutes then take it for a drive.