Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Buick LeSabre Where is the Powertrain Control Module located

Where is the Powertrain Control Module located on a 1992 Buick Lesabre (3800 engine, automatic with O/D, fuel injection, A/C )? What part would it play in not allowing the A/C to work? The system is fully charged, all fuses are intact, all pertinent switches (A/C high pressure cut-out switch and pressure cycling switch ) check O/K. The A/C compressor control relay checks out as well. The compressor clutch will engage if the control wire to the A/C compressor control relay is shorted to ground, but other than that the clutch will not activate.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. If heating/ac signal/voltage is getting from control head to pcm but pcm isnt grounding green/black wire going to relay then pcm has failed..If controller isnt putting out voltage on dark green/yellow wire then controller has failed..then voltage passes through pressure switches to pcm...here is a wire diagram to help with testing.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/djenn434/Uploads/image_name63.jpg
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You are dealing with a computer idiot here. I can't find the wiring diagram that you mention.

The way that I read your answer, you pretty well confirm my diagnosis that the Powertrain Control Module( PCM ?) is at fault. But, where on the vehicle do I find it?

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Here is the diagram again. Its located above/behind on the right side of the glovebox.

graphic