MPMoore
MPMoore, ASE MASTER W/L1 GM WORLD CLASS TECH
Experience:  GM world class, ASE master tech w/ L1 advanced driveablity, 15yrs experance bumper to bumper
4232346

buick Century Locked out radio need unlock code

Locked out radio
need unlock code
Category: Buick
Expert:  MPMoore replied 3 years ago.

Perform this procedure below and give me the 6 digit number you get from the radio and I can give you the unlock code.

Obtaining the Radio Display Code (Scrambled Backup Code)

Perform the following steps in order to obtain the radio display code:

Important: In order to display this code, the radio should be in the LOC mode or have SEC displayed before proceeding.

1. Press and hold the pushbuttons 2 and 3 for approximately 6 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed.
  2. Write the numbers down.
  3. Press the AM-FM button. The second 3 digits are displayed.
  4. Write the numbers down.

After approximately 5 seconds or if another button is pressed the display returns to LOC. The display code must be unscrambled in order to acquire the factory backup code that unlocks the radio.

In order to acquire the factory backup code call Delco Electronics Corporation and enter the authorized account number along with the display code that has been written down.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

first set of numbers 372

secound set 381

Expert:  MPMoore replied 3 years ago.

Your radio unloc code is 0380 and here is how you enter the code in to your radio.

Unlocking the Theft Deterrent Feature after a Power Loss

Enter the secret code as follows, pausing no more than 15 seconds between steps:

1. LOC appears when the ignition is ON.
  2. Press MIN and 000 will appear on the display.
  3. Press MIN again to make the last 2 digits agree with the code.
  4. Press HR to make the first 1 or 2 digits agree with the code.
  5. Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches the secret code that was written down. The display will show SEC, indicating the radio is now operable and secure.

If you enter the wrong code 8 times, INOP will appear on the display. You will have to wait an hour with the ignition before you can try again. When you try again, you will only have 3 chances to enter the correct code before INOP appears.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont have the screc t code i nned the backup code
Expert:  MPMoore replied 3 years ago.
The 4 digit code I just gave you is the secret code: 0380. This code comes from GM.
Experience: GM world class, ASE master tech w/ L1 advanced driveablity, 15yrs experance bumper to bumper