Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2003 Buick Rendezvous: my abs..abs System..Service Traction..brakes

I have a 2003 Buick Rendezvous and am having trouble with my ABS/Traction system.The "Service ABS System" and d"Service Traction System" lights keep coming on and when they do, the brakes seem to lock up. The local GM dealer said that it would cost $4000.00 + to fix the problem. I find that hard to believe and think they told me that because I am a woman. Can you offer me any suggestions as to what another mechanic should look for.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

I agree its definitly not going to cost $4000+, maybe $1000 worst case scenario.......The only part that is really expensive is the abs module/valve assembly.....If they think thats the problem you can get a used one from to save money. Without knowing the codes I cant say the problem but if you can have codes checked again, write them down, then you can reply to this answer at any time and I can tell you likely problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will get my new mechanic to run the codes again, then get back with you.

I hope we can solve this problem. I cannot afford $4000.00 + to get my brakes

fixed. Will let you know when I get that done.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I had Auto Zone to run the codes on my brake problem.
The error codes were BO 245 and BOO35, Does this give you any better

idea as to what my problem may be?