GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Buick Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

Buick LeSabre 2000 buick lesabres security light is on and

2000 buick lesabre's security light is on and wont start. what should we do to start it up again
Category: Buick
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.
Does the light flash at all?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes the theft light is flashing

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

we have also replaced the battery on the key remote... do u have anything other advice?

Try a relearn.
Turn the key on, with the engine OFF.Try to start the engine, then release the key to ON, Engine will not start. Watch the security telltale, after about 10 mins, it will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. You must turn the ignition for 30 seconds then try to start it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok... I need a little more information

What do you mean by 'relearn' ...

Is the security telltale the light on the dashboard?

Since the engine will not start and I am waiting 10 mins, how can I turn the iginition off?

Relearn is a user attempt to program it.
The telltale is the lock icon.
YOu must try to start even if it does nothing wait in the run position for 10 mins then turn the key off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Before my husband could use your advice the car started on it. He said it happen after he waited for a 40 mins then attempted to retrieve something trunk. Not sure what happen but he was able to start the car and drive home... my bigger concern is what to do if it happens again.

It may. Have him try a rest.
Take the battery cables off the battery, hold the ends together for 10 seconds then attach them to the battery and see what happens. This will reset the whole vehicle.