FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Buick Enclave My 2009 Enclave hatch will not open.

Customer Question

My 2009 Enclave hatch will not open. The display on the dash says that the tailgate IS open - and I suspect that is why it won't do anything. I also cannot get the horn to chirp after pushing the lock on the keyfob twice - and I believe it is because the vehicle thinks a door is open. I cannot get it to open by pushing, pulling, the keyfob, the button on the dash or the button on the tailgate itself. help?

While waiting for the answer here, I found the cap for the manual latch release, opened and closed the door and now it seems to work fine (except for the button above the license plate - which didn't work so well before).
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 years ago.

Hello JACUSTOMER, this is a problem with the rear liftgate module. It is very common on this vehicle. This module just needs to be reprogrammed by the dealer. If you are under warranty then they will fix this for free.