Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

2003 buick lesabre: rotors and brakes..grinding noise..90,000 miles

how do you know when its time to replace front capiler on 2003 buick lesabre, i recently to rotors and brakes on, now im starting to get a grinding noise,i have 90,000 miles on it?
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

I just need a little more info to assist better.

When you hear this noise do you know what side of the vehicle this noise is coming from?

When you inspector replace the brake pads is there one specific side that is worn more then the rest meaning one side or brake is worn out and the rest still have life left in them?

Let me know so we can continue,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
left side right now,i replaced both rotors and brakes because they were worn evenly
O.k.

Is this the left front or left rear that is grinding?

Are the pads worn out on the left side in the front or rear or where you hear this noise?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its the passenger front side, i have new pads on their only on about 2 weeks
O.k.

If the front passenger side is worn out more then the rest or has worn completely out then this is usually caused by a faulty brake caliper on this side.

Usually if they all wear even and in a normal time frame then the brake system is operating normally.

If all or two front brakes or two rear brakes wear out faster then normal then this can sometimes indicate a faulty master cylinder that is keeping pressure on the brakes.

Since you only have one front side that is wearing like this then this usually indicates the caliper is hanging up and needs replaced as I have had to replace some of these before for this type of concern.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!