Don
Don, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years experience
10251524

Buick lesaabre what fuse is for the tail lights reverse lights

Customer Question

why my headlights come on but my tail light will not come on
Category: Buick
Expert:  Don replied 3 years ago.
hi there my name is don i will try to help you on this

more than like it is just a fuse in these cases check your turn and brakes to see if they work

if they do then check the fuses under the dash if not let me know i have a original wiring diagram for your car

thanks
don
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i need a diagram of the fuse box and wiring diagram also
Expert:  Don replied 3 years ago.
hi there no problem give me a minute
don
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
but if its not a fuse what else can it be
Expert:  Don replied 3 years ago.
here is your wiring diagram

1979 buick Lesabre wiring diagram

if it is not the fuse
1. check grounds at the tail lights (an easy way to check this is take a test light connect the clamp part of the test light to the tail light ground then touch the point of the test light to a metal part of the car if the test light lights up you have a ground problem . if this occurs make a jumper wire attach it to the ground wire on the car that you know is good and see if the lights operate if it does that connect the jumper wire permanent

2. check the main wire connection to the tail lights to see if any wires are green there should also be a main harness plug in on the left side of the car in the frame rail just above the rear axle

if there is no power it will be in the light switch or fuse

but pretty sure it is a fuse since none of the rear tail lights are working

hope this helps
don
if not get back to me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can i get a picture of the fuse box and i have a 79 buick lesabre
Expert:  Don replied 3 years ago.
hi there the picture is in the diagram and the diagram is for both years

don
Expert:  Don replied 3 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
im barely able to see it i just wanna know what fuse goes where like a picture guide so i can know which fuse to check
Expert:  Don replied 3 years ago.
ah hi there the last picture i gave you shows better where the fuse is

did you look at it
i can help you locate if you cannot see it
don
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes can u i am ratherly old and i barely can see sunny boy
Expert:  Don replied 3 years ago.
hi there i just thought i would mention that in the Mitchell you can explode the diagram a lot bigger sure give me a second k
Expert:  Don replied 3 years ago.
hi there sorry was eating supper

according to the Chilton diagram i sent the tail light fuse is located 3 rd fuse from the bottom and 2nd fuse from the left
don