Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.

1988 buick regal: engine stalls after 20 min..fuel pressure ok.

I have a 1988 buick regal 2.8 engine stalls after 20 min. I have check spark and its ok. fuel pressure ok. there is no injector pulse. Changed ECM still stalls. Check injectors resistance ok. Any ideas?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

I just need a little more info to assist better.

When this wont start and you have no injector pulses do you have power on one of the wires to an injector at all times with the key on but no ground pulse from the ECM?

Let me know so we can continue,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes i have power to injector
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.

So then the vehicle isn't receiving a ground pulse to pulse the fuel injectors.

The ECM does create and send this pulse to fire off the fuel injectors but if the ignition control module is faulty it can cause the ECM to not send this pulse signal and cause this problem here.

This can be common on this model for the ignition control module to fail especially after the vehicle has run for a bit it can cut out and cause this problem here.

I suspect from what is described you have a faulty ignition module that is causing this concern as it feeds signals to the ECM for firing injectors and running other components as well.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!