MPMoore
MPMoore, ASE MASTER W/L1 GM WORLD CLASS TECH
Experience:  GM world class, ASE master tech w/ L1 advanced driveablity, 15yrs experance bumper to bumper
4232346

2004 Buick lesabre: fix my gas gauge and speedometer..53,000 miles

Customer Question

how to fix my gas gauge and speedometer on my 2004 Buick lasabre with 53,000 miles
Category: Buick
Expert:  MPMoore replied 5 years ago.
Whats going on with the speedometer and the fuel gauge?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when itiis very cold it does not come down to zero and the gas gauge when it all the way around the full mark and stayed there
Expert:  MPMoore replied 5 years ago.

If you remove the cluster, you maybe able to get the fuel gauge to come back around by holding the cluster upside down. The needle may come back for you or you can remove the lens and move it by hand. This may work for a while but most likely will happen again. The problem is the motors that control the gauges including the speedometer. You can have the unit rebuilt, you have to remove it and send it in. Here is a website that can do the work for you. They list a 2000 Lesabre, but that can do the 2004 as well. You may have to call for more information for your 2004.

WWW.MODULEMASTER.COM