Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year Factory Trained Current GM Technician

1994 Buick Century: head lights..stop working..light switch..indicator

My 1994 Buick Century's head lights (and other things) stop working. They started working after the car was off for a while (I had left the light switch on). After driving the car for a few minutes they went off again (and the anti-lock brake indicator came on). All fuses next to the glove box are fine.
The other items which FAIL with the head lights are: Tail Lights, Brake Lights, Parking Lights, Interrior Lights, Cigarette Lighter, Door Locks, Horn, Radio, Seat adjust motor and Mirror adjust motor.
Things the keep WORKING are: the engine, directional lights, reverse lights, wipers and heater fan.
What could be causing this?
My name is Dan,

There is a fusable link under the hood that controls these functions that went out. A fuseable link is a wire that is disigned to break apart on the inside when too many amps go through it. There are about 5 or 6 fusable links on this car. Picture below is a rough diagram of it. Check the stud where the fuseable link is bolted to and make sure its clean and tight. If its clean and tight, then check for power on both sides of the fusable link.