Bill
Bill, Buick Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician

Buick LaCrosse CXL how do i remote start 2011 lacrosse with

how do i remote start 2011 lacrosse with key fob
Category: Buick
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Please Accept if you are satisfied.

You should press lock once then press and hold the start button for a couple of seconds until the turn signal lamps flash. It should then start. It should work twice and then it is disabled until in the vehicle and it sees an ignition key (or button) cycle.

There have been a few cases where radio interference has affected operation. Do you live near an area of high electrical or radio interference such as an airport?

Also do you have a cell phone charger or other electrical accessory plugged in?

Bill

Edited by Bill on 1/30/2011 at 3:50 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was pressing lock once then start but was told by dealer to press lock twice wait for horn to chirp then press start .

have had a very few random starts .

this happens anywhere

Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

That is incorrect. Just press it once, then press and hold the start button until the lights flash. Make sure you don't have any cell phone chargers or other electrical accessories plugged in as these can affect system operation. Also try it with your other keyfob and see if there is a difference. Again, the vehicle must see an ignition key cycle after two remote start attempts before it will re-enable rvs (remote vehicle start) If it still acts up, I would bring it to the dealer and rather than just drop it off, attempt to duplicate the condition with the service advisor or the service manager. There

The remote vehicle start function allows engine starting while not in the vehicle. It also allows the vehicle HVAC system and other vehicle systems to enable, providing a comfortable vehicle upon entry. Remote vehicle start functions have an operating range of up to 195 feet, depending on conditions. The remote vehicle start sequence begins by pressing and releasing the lock button and then pressing and holding the remote vehicle start buttons on the keyless entry transmitter. The turn signal lamps will illuminate to indicate the vehicle has received the remote start request. Each time a remote vehicle start is performed, the vehicle doors are locked, however they may then be unlocked/locked with the transmitter or vehicle key at any time. Once activated, the engine is allowed to run for 10 minutes. The remote vehicle start time may be extended by an additional 10 minute by again pressing and releasing the lock button and then pressing and holding the remote vehicle start buttons on the transmitter. This feature is called a remote vehicle start continue and allows a maximum of 20 minutes of engine running. If the remote vehicle start continue is performed at 7 minutes into the initial 10 minute time-out, a total of 17 minutes of engine running would occur. The remote vehicle start event may be suspended at any time by pressing only the remote vehicle start button on the transmitter or by entering the vehicle and turning ON the hazard lamps.

In between ignition cycles, only two remote vehicle start events may occur or be attempted. Once two events or attempts have been made, future remote vehicle start events will be suspended until the vehicle is started using the ignition.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on the few times it started the turn signal lamps did come on,did not hear the horn as the dealer said,.

when it dose not start there is no horn or turn signal comeing on.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are youn talking about chargers in the hous or car?

Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

In the car. There is a technical service bulletin that states cell phone chargers even if not plugged into the phone can cause interference. The only way to properly diagnose this concern would be to duplicate it while reading vehicle data with a computer and seeing if the remote control door lock receiver is receiving the transmitter request and then sending it to the body control module. Have you tried your other remote?

Also, I would have them check for fault codes in other modules. If there is a fault code in the engine control module for example, it will disable remote start. If there is an issue with the hood switch intermittently that tells the body control module that the hood is closed it will be disabled. It will not let the engine start remotely if it thinks the hood is open for safety reasons.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes have tried both remotes

there is no charger in car

last report from dealer says they tested all modules for proper operation.

all are working ok???

do not know if this encluded the other modules you stated.

Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately the next step would be to again, read vehicle data when the condition is occurring and checking for things such as a hood ajar message. I would bring it to the service advisor or manager and try to duplicate the condition in front of him. Two starts you should get, then cycling the key between each two start attempts you can try two more. Do this until it acts up and demonstrate it if it will not start.

Bill

Bill, Buick Technician
Experience: GM Certified Master Technician