Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

2004 buick: ac..the left vents blow hot the right side blows cold

Customer Question

My 2004 buick park ave.heater/ac when on auto aand temp inside the car rises the fan will increas from the low setting to med.and the air setting will morefrom the floor to the vents, the left vents blow hot the right side blows cold. We have replaced the air temp sensor, replaced actualor, they did find a sensor unpluged but still have not solved the problem. help
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 6 years ago.
so the right tempature is always cold and will never go to hot?was the passenger tempature actuator changed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When it makes the swicth it stays cold. on the repair sheet it doesn't say. The left vent blows hot hot.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 years ago.
ok so the left temptature is correct.it will go hot and cold and the passenger side will stay on cold no hot?is this correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no the left stays on hot. the way we correct it now is just by moving off auto and redirecting fan and air direction
Expert:  Gary replied 6 years ago.
and that will change the tempature of the drivers side?or you just redirect the hot air away from you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
By putting the heater on the floor and lowering the fan speed I don't think it changes the temp. Maybe I'm paranoid but it doesn't seem right that when the interior temp. rises that you should get a blast of hot air on one side and a blast of cold on the other. My 1999 Buick did not work that way. J
Expert:  Gary replied 6 years ago.
this should have duel zone.and i want to be sure that when you change drivers side to hot and cold and passenger side hot to cold that BOTH passenger and drivers side will change from hot to cold when you tell it too
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The dual temp control is in a neutral positition.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 years ago.
lets see if any other experts have any ideas.hang on and lets see if another expert will reply back to you.no need to reply back to me as it will lock me back into the question.hang tight