kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q

2000 BUICK CENTURY: JUMPED..RADIO AND INSTRUMENT CLUSTER..FUSES

2000 BUICK CENTURY , JUST JUMPED IT OFF FROM DEAD BATTERY. JUMPER CABLES WERE HOOKED UP WRONG FOR A SECOND THE CORRECTED AND NOW THE RADIO AND INSTRUMENT CLUSTER WILL NOT WORK. ANY IDEAS LOOKED AT ALL THE INSIDE FUSES THEY APPEAR TO BE GOOD. AS WELL AS THE ONES UNDER THE HOOD.
Category: Buick
Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 years ago.

kalamykid :

Do you have a test light or a digital volt meter?

Customer:

Yes I have both.

kalamykid :

Check the fusible link wires on both ends. You should find atleast one that is blown.

Customer:

were would these be located

kalamykid :

Let me look it up for you. be right back

Customer:

thanks I have no manuals

kalamykid :

They will be on the starters main battery terminal. I will post a diagram for you

Customer:

great

kalamykid :

be right back

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

Customer:

ok I will see what I can find. Thanks will respond when done.

kalamykid :

thank you

Customer:

I have one link from the starter and the main lead from the battery and they both appear to be good.

kalamykid :

If you only have one fusible link at the starter then there has to be more mounted to the fire wall or near the battery. Look for a small black box that has two brass colored studs with wires running to it. " usualy 2in sqare" and see if there are any fusible links to it.

Customer:

ok will look

kalamykid :

Also with your test light see if you have power to all the fuses. There will be a space ontop of the fuses where metal will poke through the plastic. Touch your test light to both sides of the fuses to see if you have power to both sides with the ignition switch on. Let me know what fuses do not have power at all and what fuses only have power to one side.

kalamykid :

I am soory I can not be more specific as to the location of the rest of the fuseable links

Customer:

I found the problem it was a fuse on the inside fuse box one of several that list radio. Thought I found them all last night but obviously I missed this one Called radio, hvac ,rfa,cluster data link. thanks for your help and I had already checked the ones you mentions in your last reply. I would like to pay for your time anyway whats the easiest way to do that? A tip if you will.

kalamykid :

All you have to do is hit the accept button. That will give me credit for helping you. I do ask that you leave feedback passed on my performance. Thank you and have a great new year.

kalamykid :

Sorry for the typos passed should be bassed

Customer:

Happy new year.

kalamykid :

Thank you and you too.

kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience: I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q