GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Buick Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

Door panel on front driver side of 2007 lucerne..door handle

how do you remove door panel on front driver side of 2007 lucerne to replace broken door handle?
Category: Buick
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.

Welcome, and thanks for using Just Answer. I am Cam, and I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept only if you are satisfied. I don't get paid unless you do.Please do not accept if you cannot leave positive feedback. I don't know if you are a tech or a just working on your own vehicle so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answers will be based on what you tell me so please add all the details you can. About your vehicle,

This is nto bad at all. Here is the diagram and directions.

graphic

1

Front Side Door Inside Handle Bezel Cover

2

Front Side Door Inside Handle Screw

Tighten
3 N·m (25 lb in)

3

Front Side Door Trim Panel

Procedure

1. Use a Door Trim Pad Clip Remover to aid in the removal of the side door trim panel.
  2. After releasing all the retainers along the outer perimeter of the door trim panel, hold the panel away from the door and lift up on the panel to disengage the 2 clips that anchor the armrest into the door sheet metal.
  3. Prior to reinstalling door trim panel, reattach the two armrest clips to the door sheet metal.
  4. Disconnect the inside door handle linkage.
  5. Disconnect the electrical connectors.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

do you have to use a door trim pad clip remover or can i use something like a flat screw driver or pry bar?

A small pry bar or crow bar would work well.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i got the panel off but i cant see where to get at the 2 screws by lock (it is the outside handle i'm replacing)

Do you have the window up?

There are 3 screws.

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
window is up , i see an access hole for the single screw but i dont see how to get at the two by lock

You may need to reach up through the holes further down or use a longer extension if there are rubber plugs.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i took the rubber boot off where door lock rod was , then i was able to get at them,, i got it on and it works. thank you

Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.