GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Buick Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

What does it mean if your air bag light comes on in the car

What does it mean if your air bag light comes on in the car? My son is driving home from college and just asked us this question . He is driving a 1996 Buick regal

Welcome, and thanks for using Just Answer. I am Cam, and I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept only if you are satisfied. I don't get paid unless you do.Please do not accept if you cannot leave positive feedback. I don't know if you are a tech or a just working on your own vehicle so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answers will be based on what you tell me so please add all the details you can. About your vehicle,

That light on means that the air bags are disabled due to a fault and will not deploy if needed.