GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Buick Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

2000 Buick Park Avenue: left front..my front left tire..Wheel Bearings

Recently I had the lower ball joint replaced on my left front driver side wheel of my 2000 Buick Park Avenue. The Mechanic said that he was going to do a front end wheel alignment after he replaced the BAll joint.

As it turned out I got the car back and he never did the front end alignment and the car seemed to be fine, but 1 month after the replacement I started getting a hum out of my front left tire and lo and behold now the Wheel Bearings are shot on the left wheel and I have to replace them.

I have already replaced them several years back, but I was wondering if this was caused by the Mechanic not doing the front end alignment like it was supposed to be originally, cause when I brought the car back to them I leared that the front left wheel was misalligned to the outside, and I think it caused the wheel bearing to fail but they deny that.

Can you tell me if not having the wheel alignment done originally after the Ball Joint was replaced would cause stress on the wheel bearing causing it to become dasmaged and require to be replaced?
Category: Buick
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.

Welcome, and thanks for using Just Answer. I am Cam, and I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept only if you are satisfied. I don't get paid unless you do.Please do not accept if you cannot leave positive feedback. I don't know if you are a tech or a just working on your own vehicle so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answers will be based on what you tell me so please add all the details you can. About your vehicle, no, unless the wheel alignment was so far out you could not drive it or at least let go of the wheel, it is not caused by anything the mechanic did. Unfortunately, this is just poor timing. Now if the noise started the day after then I would say it is something caused but the repair, but based on what you have told me in your information, I don't think it is related at all.

GM Tech (Cam), Buick Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.