Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 20+ Years

DRIVERS SEAT POWER NOT WORKING - CHECKED ALL FUSES..CIRCUIT

Customer Question

DRIVERS SEAT POWER NOT WORKING - CHECKED ALL FUSES AND CIRCUIT BREAKERS BUT FOUND NO POWER AT THE SWITCH
Category: Buick
Expert:  Paul M ASE Master replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer

is the passenger side also dead?

the passenger seat feeds off the same circuit breaker

let me know if the passenger side is working

Paul

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no power seat on the passengers side. I checked the circuit breaker and all the fuses with no outages. there is no power to the seat 6 way switch and there are three wires coming from under the carpet but I haven't pulled up the carpet to see where the go

ok first I want you to pull the circuit breaker and check for power to one of the spades in the fuse panel

do you have power going into the breaker?

do the power windows work? have you tried swapping the 2 breakers?

click here for image of breaker locations

click here for wiring diagram of seat circuit

if you do have power going into the breaker and have tried swapping for the power window breaker then you need to check for power under the driver seat at the s326 where power splits from passenger to driver side power feed.

do you have power on the orange at s326? if no then you need to get behind the fuse panel and trace the broken wire from the back of the breaker to the s326 split

s326 is under the passenger seat 63 cm from the C312 breakout

let me know what you find with these tests and if you need more help

Paul

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don' have the time to check the wiring from the fuse box to under the seat. There is power at the circuit breaker but not at the plug coming out from the floor carpet. It sounds like the problem lies somewhere between the circuit breaker and the connector coming out from under the carpet. I am not going any further without the customer's authorization.

Thanks for your help.

No problem.

thank you for using Just Answer

remember to click accept so I get credit for my answer

positive feedback is also appreciated

thanks

Paul