Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech

Car will not start. Engine will not turn over. No noise.

Car will not start. Engine will not turn over. No noise. Could this also be cracked manifold or could it be fuel injection system? Also is there a recall for any of the above?
so the engine will not physically turn over when turning the key?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Correct. One month ago the same thing happened and I had the ignition replaced.
do you know if it was a lock cylinder?or an ignition switch problem?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They replaced ignition cylinder. The wire was broken
ok you have the chip in your key for the security theft system?is the security light on or flashing?do you have another key to try?one the security theft system triggers it take 10 minutes to reset.can you make sure to wait 10 minutes and try another key?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have another key however I do not have access to the car at this time . It is at another location as I had to leave it there since the car would not start after several tries/
ok try the other key first.and see if the security light is on or flashing if it still will not crank over.and you have the keys that have the resistor pellet in them?or chip?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not sure which one it is. The key has a black protruding thing on it
ok then yes it has the chip in it.try the other key if it still will not crank over note if the security light is on or blinking when you are trying to crank long ago did the lock cylinder get put in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
August 2, 2010 by Buick dealer
ok if it is in fact the theft system that lock cylinder should still be under warranty.12 months or 12.000 miles if the lock cylinder has failed.if it will not start with the other key call the dealer and tell them what should still be under warranty with them
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay. Thank you so much.
any time