Goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hrybrid certified

2005 buick lesabre: right vents warm..climate control..doors..freon

Customer Question

2005 buick lesabre cold a/c from right vents warm from left has single climate control checked bled doors and motor. seems to be fine. also checked freon
Category: Buick
Expert:  Goodwrench9124 replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome. when you say you checked the freon, did you check the a/c pressures?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it seemed a little low added about 8 oz the presure is about 45 low and 300 high the temp out side is 95
Ok, and this is a single control? and not a dual control system?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes its a singal control it apears to have three blend door motors one for heat or cold one for all vented functions and one for recicle

Ok, just wanted to make sure. on the single zone system. it only has one temp door to adjust temp from hot to cold. on this vehicle, if blows warm on one side, and cold on the other, the only thing it could be is the freon is not flooding the evap core correctly. this is almost always a charge issue. either not charge enough or over charge. I have also seen where dirt and debris plug up the evap core, and not allow the air to blow across all the core fins. by factory spec on a 95 degree day, the pressures should be low side 41-47 and high side 210 psi. here is a picture of the temp door. I think at this point, I would evac and recharge the system to the proper level.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

(2)Air Temperature Actuator

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
while I was waiting for your response I clamped off the heater hose witch made no difference but i will say when I was adding the freon about half way throuth it got cold then warm after all 8 oz was added

you may have fixed by adding some freon, then you may have just added a little too much. these are very sensitive to a proper charge level. like I said before, 90 percent of the time, it is a system charge problem, either too much or not enough. that is why I think it is a good idea to completely empty the system and charge to the proper level,

• Refrigerant Charge

1.05 kg

2.3 lb

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks very much im doing that now do you think i need to flush the evap while its empty or just add a little oil and recharge
wouldn't flush the evap core. you can add a little oil, but no more than 2 ozs
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You are very welcome. Please let me know how you come out on this. and if you have any more questions let me know!!!