Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2003 Buick rendezvous: 2003 Buick Rendevous service traction control

2003 Buick Rendevous service traction control alarm warning signaling. Can not determine why.

Is the ABS light on as well? Is the vehicle all wheel drive or front wheel drive?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Earlier today I sent a reply regarding the above questions and as well added some additional information. Did you not receive that information>
Sorry, I did not receive that information.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I will try to remember what it was that I sent. First it is a front wheel drive and it is a CXL model which has more options than the standard unit. Also, the ABS light comes on occassionally with the traction control alarm but, not everytime and the ABS light usually disengages quickly. Another thing is the man that owns the car says the alarm usually comes on when he is coming to a stop. (He calls it when he is coasting). i hope this helps.
This problem is most likely then due to a faulty front wheel speed sensor. To determine which one is bad you will need to have the abs module scanned for trouble codes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We played a little e-mail tag but, in the end I think you came up with a very likely solution. I appreciate that you followed through and now there is a good chance the annoying problem for this man can be solved.

Thank you,

Richard Putnam

You are welcome. Thanks for using justanswer.