BigBob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience
13327319

1995 Park Avenue: fuses..I beleive the blower control module is bad

We have aXXXXXand fan will not shut off with engine off. We have tried the fuses with no luck. I beleive the blower control module is bad. How do we locate it to disconnect and replace?
Category: Buick
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
Greetings,

REMOVE OR DISCONNECT
  1. Negative battery cable.
  2. Rear engine sight shield.
  3. Center bolt and positive battery cable from multi-use relay and fuse bracket.
  4. Underhood fuse blocks and relays from bracket and position aside.
  5. Nuts attaching multi-use relay and fuse bracket to front of dash, and bracket from vehicle.
  6. Connector Position Assurance (CPA) Pin and electrical connector from blower control module.
  7. Screws attaching blower control module to blower module assembly.
  8. Blower control module from vehicle.

INSTALL OR CONNECT

1. Screws attaching blower control module to blower module assembly after positioning in vehicle.
    • Tighten Screws to 1.4 Nm (12 lb. in.) .
  1. Electrical connector to blower control module and CPA.
  2. Nuts attaching multi-use relay and fuse bracket to front of dash after positioning on vehicle.
    • Nuts to 3.8 Nm (34 lb. in.) .
  1. Position fuse blocks and relays to bracket and snap in.
  2. Center bolt attaching positive battery cable to multi-use relay and fuse bracket after positioning cable.
    • Tighten Bolt to 10 Nm (89 lb. in.) .
  1. Rear engine sight shield.
  2. Negative battery cable.

graphic

Let me know if i can help further,
Bob

Edited by BigDaddy on 9/4/2010 at 9:54 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Where is this located?Under the hood? Inside? Can you help direct as to where this is? Also do you agree thisis the problem?

Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, Under the hood, you will need to pull the cover to access it usually. This is actually on the firewall.

Bob
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
I am trying to get a picture for you.
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
graphic

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

OK....you are a real expert and I'm just a wanna be. You need to help me some more. You say "you will need to pull the cover" What cover and how do you remove it? If we disconnect the module can we run the car? Is the the AC blower also?

Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
This is the same blower for the ac. There is a black plastic piece that runs along the firewall that has to be removed. Remove the plastic shield and unplug the wires from the
blower motor and it will stop. You can drive it unplugged but there will not be any blower. You can also pull the blower fuse, fuse 3 in the underhood fuse box. This picture may not be exact but follow the wires from the blower motor.

graphic
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
I forgot to mention, that if you replace the module I would replace the blower motor also because what usually happens is the blower motor pulls too much amperage the module gets burnt out.

Bob