Goodwrench9124
Goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hrybrid certified
5720312

I have a 2004 Buick Century. The cigarette lighter doesnt

I have a 2004 Buick Century. The cigarette lighter doesn't work. I put a tester to the wiring going to the lighter. No juice. None of the fuses are marked cig. lighter or aux. What should I do?

Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Did you check all fuses under hood and in interior for one that could be blown?

Sometimes the fuse wont be marked cigar/lighter/aux,etc. it may have a different name to it as it may power up another component as well.I believe the fuse for this should be under the hood but it could also be in the interior fuse panel,I would check all the fuses in the vehicle inside and outside and most likely you will find one of them blown,it could be marked inst.lps,outlet,power source,etc.A blown fuse is the most common failure for this concern and usually blows when something is plugged in that shorts the positive and negative together.

I hope this information helped,If you need anything else let me know,If you feel satisfied that I have assisted please click accept as this is how I get paid,positive feedback is appreciated,Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I'm supposed to be talking to EXPERTS. I don't want a generic answer. I want a specific answer to my specific make/model vehicle. It's a 2004 Buick Century with a 3.1 liter 6 cyl. engine. The only fuse panel I see is under the hood. Exactly which fuse controls the cigarette lighter?
Hello, the fuse for the lighter is in the IP fuse block marked LTR it is a 20 amp yellow fuse. the ip fuse block is on the passenger side of dash panel.
Experience: Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hrybrid certified