Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How do I get motor mount (over stud) to remove water pump 3.8 lesabre

how do I get motor mount (over stud) to remove water pump 3.8 lesabre
You need to remove the bolt from the mount to remove the pump. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have removed bolt from mounting and it still won't give enough clearance to remove mount over stud
Try to lift up the engine a little to give more room, let me know if that helps. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dan,
I have tried everything. Raised frame of car up,lowered/raised engine
but mount still won't clear stud.

I believe you can remove the waterpumpe without even messing with the stud/mount.......You should be able to slide it around the mount. Let me know, thanks.

Dan, Technician
Experience: Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
NO,MOTOR MOUNT MUST COME OUT FIRST
Ok, I'll opt-out to see if someone else has done this more recently to know if there is a trick I'm missing. Someone will respond automatically, thanks.

I do remember that on some models you need to remove that stud with a stud remover. It unscrews from the front of the engine and then you can get the mount out.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you tell me for sure that you must remove stud ?
If you have tried everything else and there seems no way around it then I am pretty confident that it has to come out. I haven't done one of these in quite a few years and obviously, since no-one else has given a better answer, neither has anyone else. I do remember that there was 3 designs for the 3.8. One was the supercharge engine...a nightmare. The second was super easy. Mount came out easily. The 3rd had a stud that needed to be removed in order to gain the clearance to get the mount out.
That is as sure as I can be. Sorry if you need a definite I cannot provide that
did you try my suggestion and remove the stud?