carguyjosh
carguyjosh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified, 16yrs working with buick
12326834

2002 Buick rendezvous: 3.4L fwd pcm be used

Can a 2003 Buick Rendezvous 3.4L FWD PCM be used in a 2002 Buick Rendezvous 3.4L FWD

Good evening.

To answer your question, the answer is no.

Its not that the PCM itself would not work but if you were to take the PCM out of the 02, the programming will be completely different.

Basically, the way these computers come is as a completely blank unit. Once installed into the vehicle, all of the needed information is down loaded into the programming scan tool and then loaded into the control module.

At that point, all of the information needs to then be loaded into the computer from the body control module, anti-theft module, climate control module ect.

The only way to replace a PCM on your Buick is with a new unit and then having all of the needed information downloaded..

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist with...

Thanks, Josh

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the answer. I have been on this web site and have posed this question several times but no one has told me that 2003 Buick Rendezvous transmission will not work in 200 Buick Rendezvous. Anyway I am going to put the 2002 transmission back and would like to know if I should be replacing any gaskets before installing the transmission. If so please provide details and part numbers if possible. Thanks

There is no need to replace any gaskets unless that you are aware of a leaking problem. If everything is dry, leave it alone.

Do lube up the axle seals with WD-40 or trans fluid before you put the axles in...

Thanks, Josh