FIXITMAN, Master Technician

The proper way to change spark plugs on a 2004 Buick Park Avenue

Customer Question

The proper way to change spark plugs on a 2004 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 3.8 supercharged?
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer are the spark plugs all that is being changed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well yes, but the car has 72,000 miles on it. Runs fine but if you think I need wires too, then please let me know. I am doing routine maintence.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
Okay. These are fairly straight forward, but the rear plugs are hard to get to. Just start by removing the plastic engine cover. Once it is out of the way remove each spark plug wire one at a time and replace that wire with the corrolating spark plug. The gap should be set at 0.060 inches. If you need more help let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thankyou, yes the rear ones look like they are hard to get to, but I want to know if I need specific tools to make the job go easier. Does the enigne need to be lifted on one side and so forth, type of extensions if any needed. Thankyou.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
No on this engine. It is more or less like brail. You just need to feel back behind the engine to change them. It does help to have a good swivel socket though.