John, Buick Master Technician
Experience:  ASE A1-A8 w/L1 GM master technician.Factory certified with 40 years experience.
6408229

2000 Buick LeSabre: I had the air shocks..ride

I had the air shocks on my 2000 Buick LeSabre and the ride got worst instead of better.
What could have gone wrong?

Most likely your suspension leveling system has a faulty sensor.You will need a qualified technician to look at the system which is computer controlled.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is the sensor part of the shocks? And what does it control? A little more detail please.
No ,the sensor is for a height control & it turns on the air compressor or bleeds air off to get the correct height.It is at the rear ,on right lower control arm.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, here's a bonus question. Does the 2000 LeSabre have the same shock set-up in the fornt suspension. And is it all part of a single system (front and rear)? Because although only the rear shocks were replaced the front end seems to be riding hard.

Ok, the front suspension are hydraulic strut assemblies.There is no auto level control to the front.

Automatic Level Control General Description

The automatic level control (ALC) system automatically adjusts the rear height of the vehicle in response to changes in vehicle loading.

The ALC system consists of the rear intergration control module (RIM), height sensor, an air compressor assembly, an ALC compressor relay, an intake hose and filter, an air tube, two rear shock absorbers.The air compressor assembly consists of an air compressor and an air dryer mounted on a bracket. The air compressor head is a replaceable part of the air compressor. The exhaust solenoid is a non-replaceable part of the air compressor head.

The compressor is activated when the ignition is on, and weight is added to the vehicle. The exhaust solenoid is connected directly to the battery (+), enabling the system to exhaust with the ignition on or off when excess weight is removed.