GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Buick Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.

My 2002 buick rendezvous will sporadically not start. It will

My 2002 buick rendezvous will sporadically not start. It will crank and I also hear the fuel pump pressure up but it will not start. If I wait about an hour it will start fine and run about 2 weeks before it happens again. The car will not kick out an error code for my mechanics computer to pick up what is wrong. We switched the relays and that helped for about 2 days. Any leads as to what it might be. We are considering replacing the crank sensor next.
Welcome. What is the mileage on your Buick?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

sorry not close to my car but roughly 140,000. I just had the engine heads replaced last October 2009 and had the fuel pump replaced probably around 2005.

OK, what we need to do is see if there is spark when it will not start.

Also if you have not replaced the fuel filter or plugs recently, then that is what I suggest you look at first.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Am I correct that the fuel filter is built into the fuel pump? I went to replace it once and that is what I was told. I had a complete tune up in 2008

You were told incorrectly. There is a sock in the pump, but the main filter is under the vehicle.

Object Number: 670056  Size: SH