transmission slips at high speeds in overdrive

If you recently had a trans flush this is probably the problem. Most vehicle if not constantly maintained as far as fluid changes will start to slip when done. What happens is the gunk and metal filings inside the older fluid is actually keeping the clutches and bands from slipping. Then when the new fluid washes all of the debris that really shouldn't be there away you begin to experience the problems associated with the gaps in the clearances inside the transmission from the wear over time. If I have an older vehicle and I know its past a certain point where trans flushes were not performed I will not do it if I'm not ready to rebuild or replace the trans as a worst case scenario.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do you think will have to be done to fix this problem and how much should I expect to pay for it?
Honestly I believe the transmission needs to be rebuilt. It will be between 1000 and 2000 dollars depending on the place. But before doing so I would just go back to the place that you got the trans fluid flush and have them test it. Tell them it happened after you did the work with them. Have them double check the fluid level. I would hate to recommend a trans rebuild and all it needed was a little fluid. Have them double check that before jumping to the big fix. Good luck.