John, Buick Master Technician
Experience:  ASE A1-A8 w/L1 GM master technician.Factory certified with 40 years experience.
6408229

2000 buick century: cigarette lighter..the bulb..connectors

trying to change a cigarette lighter for a 2000 buick century. it has 2 wires coming from the bulb behind the ashtray. i even tried putting butt connectors on the wires. still nothing.

Hellopopquiz79,

The power source for the lighter goes through the CIGAR LIGHTER/DATA LINK FUSE 20 AMP FUSE in the fuse block (check it) located

Right side of the IP, in the right front door opening

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thanks. i went outside and checked (3) known 20 amp fuses. 1 is blown. Only thing that gets me in the hand book the fuse block doesnt match up to the picture. You have a link to a fuse block in the right side of the ip? Also i must had missed read the hand book. thought the lighter was connected to the inside lights and radio. but 1 thing still puzzles me in the fuse is blown. how is the cigar lighter lamp next to it comes on? the wires comes out of that and slipts to the 2 wires for the lighter.

Check all the fuses ,replace the bad ones.If the lighter blows again,replace the lighter element.