Lee
Lee, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  31 years experience ASE Master Technician
19679497

morning, when I turn it on it just blows out cold air..coolant..leak

The heat stop working in my car this morning, when I turn it on it just blows out cold air. I checked the coolant, it's full, but I do see that there is some kind of leak. Do you think I need to replace my water pump?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Lee replied 7 years ago.

Hi! There

Welcome to Just Answers

If the system was full, then warm motor up and check the 2 heater hoses, are they hot? Where on the car do you see the leak? When you checked the coolent level, did you check it in the rad. or the bottle or both? Let me know and I will try to help you find your problem.

Lee

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

When I checked the fluid, I checked it in the re-fill container for the coolant. The leak was coming from underneath the car on the passenger side. I think it was coming from the water pump.

Expert:  Lee replied 7 years ago.

Check the rad. see if it is low there. If you are leaking coolent from the water pump, The rad. will get low, causing your heat not to work.

Lee