FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2005 Buick LaCrosse the headlights go out on their

I have a 2005 Buick LaCrosse the headlights go out on their own. The high beams work and so do the fog lights. This has happened several times. Sometimes they just go on. They are also the day running lights. It has been a week now and they have not gone back on even if I try manually to turn them on without the sensor. What is the problem?
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer this is typically a problem with the headlamp module that is located in the underhood fuse box. You need to locate this module and replace it. It is #35 shown below.

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this something that would just go bad or would it gradually happen. Reason I ask is that this has happened before and the lights came back on. This is the first time that they have stayed off for this long, so is this module something that could work one day and they finally go completely bad?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
THis can go bad and then start making contact again. It works a lot like a relay so it can go in and out.