Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. certified

where it battery located on a 2002 buick lesabre. is it hard

where it battery located on a 2002 buick lesabre. is it hard to replace?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
You have to remove the rear seat cushion.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: A.S.E. certified
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

does it sound like the battery needs to be replaced?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
How was you jumping the vehicle? If you couldn't find the battery I must assume you wasn't jump starting with jumper cables at the battery. Was you jumping directly to the starter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my daughter has the car i wanted to make sure it was right that the battery was under the car seat. She told me it was under the front passenger seat? anyway. her friend found it in the manual and jumped it with cables on the battery. this is not working any longer. So i am hoping it is just the battery that needs replaced. Will that be easy for them to do or should it be taken to a garage?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.

Is the starter making any noise at all, like a click? Do the headlights come on? Instead of jumping the battery, why not just swap the batteries for now if it will fit and try that, then you can use the other vehicle to charge that battery if dead, just start it up first before you remove the battery. It may be best to purchase a 12 volt test light, they cost about $5, then you can test the wiring.

Here is the wiring diagram for it here. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?chapterTitle=Starting+%26amp%3B+Charging+Systems++2002&partName=Wiring+Diagrams&pageId=0900c15280242136&partId=0900c15280241b4d

You may need to register for free.

I do see first off a Starter fuse 30A in the underhood fuse block.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
Also, a PCM fuse 10A in the same underhood fuse block, check those.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you i will send this info to her. she did say they jump the car thru the starter under the hood. i suggested they do it directly to the battery
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
Well, if they were jumping it directly to the starter and it didn't start it may be the starter that is bad. But first I would make sure that the starter itself is just not loose. if the bolts are loose it will not ground. There are 2 ways to check, ground the neg battery jumper cable to the frame or block and attach the pos jumper cable to the big terminal on teh starter and use a screwdriver or a remote starter switch to connect from the pos terminal to the solenoid where the purple wire attaches and the starter should click out and turn. Or just to check the solenoid just touch the pos lead from the jumper cable to the solenoid terminal where the purple wire connects. Of course, if you had a test light you could check that purple wire for voltage with the key on start to check the circuit if the jumping does work. Then follow that purple wire back through the starter relay to make sure that works.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: A.S.E. certified
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
I see there is also a crank fuse 5A in the rear fuse block, if jumping at the starter does work, check that fuse.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
I see you accidently accepted twice, I'll ask them to refund 1.