John, Buick Master Technician
Experience:  ASE A1-A8 w/L1 GM master technician.Factory certified with 40 years experience.
6408229

Having trouble with a 1994 Buick Regal Power Window. Need

Having trouble with a 1994 Buick Regal Power Window. Need to troubleshoot problem and then fix it.
Category: Buick
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

If there is voltage going to the window motors,replace the motor.When you pull it apart you will never get it sealed again & always have an intermitten problem.These motors were bad enough when they were new.If the switch does not flow good amperage find another one.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, I suspected as much about the motor and purchased one. How do you pull the motor/gear assembly out of the door? Couldn't see a whole lot when I was struggling with the motor inside of the door.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Here is some info to help you ,I believe yours will be the first design.You will need to drill out the rivets to get regulator out of door.

Print

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

Front
EXCEPT 1995-96 CHEVROLET
See Figures 1 and 2

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 1: Front door power window regulator and motor-96 Chevrolet

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 2: Front door power window regulator to motor attachments - except 1995-96 Chevrolet

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the regulator as outlined in this section.

CAUTION The regulator lift arm is under tension from the counterbalance spring and can cause personal injury if the motor is removed without locking the sector gear in position.

1. With the regulator removed, drill a hole through the regulator sector gear and the backplate. Do not drill closer than 1 / 2 inch to the edge of the sector gear or backplate.
  2. Install a bolt and nut to lock the sector gear in position.
  3. Drill out the ends of the three rivets using a 1 / 4 inch drill bit.
  4. Remove the motor.

To install:

1. Install the motor to the backplate.
  2. Rivet the motor at the bottom location using a ball peen hammer.
  3. Clamp the motor to the backplate using locking pliers.
  4. Remove the bolt and nut locking the sector gear in position.
  5. Supply power to the regulator to gain access for the remaining 2 motor rivets.
  6. Remove the locking pliers.
  7. Install the regulator as outlined in this section.

1995-96 CHEVROLET

The door window regulator motor on these vehicles cannot be serviced separately. Replace the regulator and motor as an assembly.

CAUTION Do not attempt to service the regulator motor separately. The regulator lift arm is under tension from the counterbalance spring and can cause personal injury if the motor is removed from the regulator.
Rear
EXCEPT 1995-96 LUMINA
See Figure 3

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 3: Rear door power window regulator and motor - except 1995-96 Lumina

3. Drill out the ends of the rivets holding the motor to the regulator using a 1 / 4 inch drill bit.

To install:

1. Install the motor to the regulator using a 1 / 4 x 0.968 inch rivet.
  2. Install the regulator as outlined in this section.
  3. Connect the negative battery cable.
John, Buick Master Technician
Experience: ASE A1-A8 w/L1 GM master technician.Factory certified with 40 years experience.